Italian wines and winemakers to discover.
Maybe later i will create my own "red set" for some degustation with some of these wines.
It is undoubtedly difficult to visit all the stands in one day, it is even more difficult to taste a large number of wines, and it is all the more difficult to mark the most interesting samples among the all wines.
I will try to tell you about some wines that, in my humble opinion, deserve some attention.
- We have a new great partner - Cantine Leonardo da Vinci.
Well balanced wines of different quality lines - from basic to top, an ideal choice for restaurants and independent wineries. Luca Maroni, who, by the way, was present at the company's stand, took part in developing the profile of top-line wines. The wines are really very cool, complex, multi-layered. At the same time, they are not so expensive and not so complicated - not to scare off the winelover.
- One of my favourite red wines - Malanotte del Piave DOCG.
This Malanotte by LE RIVE winery: for those who want a serious red wine, but not as strict as the famous wines of Piedmont and not as festive as Amarone.
Raboso - an old Venetian variety, more often known as a sparkling wine at weekend fairs, demonstrate itself in the best way in Malanotte wines. Oaky, strong, but at the same time soft, silky wine. Is strictly recommeded to the collection.
- One more hidden treasure of Veneto region - Tai Rosso of Colli Berici terroir.
The wines of Colli Berici terroir. A unique soil of Colli Berici is a real patchwork plaid composed of calcareous, vulcanic, marl soil. This geological characteristic allows to grow international reds in this area in a Bordeaux-style. But the real king of this terroir is Tai Rosso variety. It`s a wine capable of long evolution, fruity, berry, easy to drink but at the same time - a serious wine.
- Abruzzo region vines - new trend among the italian wines.
Fresh, clear, light to drink wines - all what is needed to live a hot summer day in Abruzzo! White wines from the classic Trebbiano grapes or local Pecorino variety can catch the love of many people from the first sip. A blend of Sauvignon and Trebbiano from the Venea winery of the Paolucci family - that is a example.
- Another one italian wine region - Marche with the wines of Azienda agricola Fiorano has surprised me seriously. The top line of the wines are Giulia Erminia - the most complicated and beautiful expression of 100% Pecorino variety, made with maceration and with implementing a "sur lie" technique. Red wine Ser Balduzio from Montepulciano grapes of late harvest offers a very delicate fruity flavors. Or the top of reds at example - blend of Montepulciano and Syrah Gallo Otto vinified in amphora - full of pepper, balsamic aromas - a perfect meditation wine.